Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lorraine Keane Joins Team World Vision



Great news! TV3 broadcaster and celebrity mum Lorraine Keane is going to run the Mini Marathon for World Vision Ireland. Lorraine sponsors a boy from Tanzania and is already very familiar with our work. We're really delighted to have her join our team.


Speaking about her run for charity, Lorraine said “It’s going to be tough but I’m really looking forward to the challenge. I’ve hardly done any exercise since my youngest was born 2 years ago.


I have been a World Vision child sponsor for the past eight years so I know the great work they do. The Mini Marathon is a great chance for me to get fit and show my support for their work.”

Lorraine will undergo an 8-week training programme with a personal trainer from David Lloyd Riverview Helath Club. She is aiming to complete the course in under an hour.

She will run three times a week, do gym work, pilates and improve her diet, all to get fit for the day.


Good luck Lorraine!



No comments:

Post a Comment